This list shows only major changes in the ZeeBORN software. All other changes and fixes are documented in the ZeeBORN Support Ticket system. ZeeBORN Lab reviewers and testers may also receive detailed information via e-mail – please check your inbox before trying new versions.
- Most functions like “Print”, “Save”, “Export” etc. have been combined in a new feature called “Share”. The new ZeeBORN application has now a central sharing center that allows the easy creation of documents to be shared as printouts, e-mails, PDF files or any other suitable document file format.
- Most grids in the system allow now the saving of the current grid layout. Just arrange the columns, apply filters, sort and group columns in a way you prefer and safe this configuration to the database. The database replication will take care that your layout setting will be available wherever you’re going to access the system. If this feature is available, you’ll see a “Grid Layout” menu or button close to the data grid.
- The ZeeBORN application is now always started in full screen mode.
- In some cases – especially with a weak network connection to the server – problems can occure while importing transfer packages. If such an error is detected by the import module, you can now repeat the last import step. The import module will take care that the database engine will be reset to a stable state before retrying the import process.
- After each import of a transfer package the OnceADay tool will be started automatically. This will perform the necessary database cleanup and will also update system wide status information.
- The Change Request feature is now also available for articles in the Stock Control module. If you want to use this feature and it’s not available in your system yet, please request a license upgrade.
- A new “Spare Parts” tab has been added to the Components overview page. Now you can also manage spare part data incl. updating of details, creating change requests directly in the Components module.
- The article finder has been improved with additional search options.
After version 11.10 we have released several test versions to our project partners. Please review the documentation for changes in these releases.
A next public release is planned for April 2012 (Version 12.4). Updates for related pre-release versions will be installed on our test and demo server without further notice.
Please note that the special version with NavisWorks integration is currently limited to a 32bit Windows version.
With this version we start the restructuring of our Document Management module. There will be some issues in the module during the next 2 to 3 weeks. In case you find any error, please check again at a later time. Most errors will be fixed within a few hours.
Planned updates and changes in the Document Module will be described later in a separate announcement on our homepage.
With this newest test release we introduce the new module navigation and cleaned up the user interface a little bit for being ready for the Monaco Yacht Show 2011. The modules Dry Docking and Risk Assessment are now ready for testing and can be enabled in the demo accounts on demand.
All other changes can be found in our Wunderlist.
ZeeBORN Once a Day is now activated for all accounts on our servers. You may check the proper operation of the module by checking the OnceADay logs.
Version 11.6.2 build 460
This version contains some additional features and fixes for selected customers. Affected customers will receive automatically this newer release.
- Honeywell Counter Interface: running hours are now imported together with applying an adjustment factor as reported by Honeywell technicians (some running hour counters may have been re-set in the automation system and may need to be corrected by adding a certain adjustment value)
- Single document data synchronization enabled in selected modules (e.g. Purchasing requisitions and purchase orders) – RQs and POs may now be immediately synchronized without waiting for the next database replication schedule
Version 11.6.1 build 455
This is the next public release. See announcement for more details.
Version 11.6 RC (daily build)
This release candidate (RC) is currently available to our partners only. All issues regarding this version will be discussed in our Wunderlist support list.
Version 11.5.0 build 451 (Demo)
This version includes some minor fixes and improvements.
Version 11.3.1 build 437 (ZeeBORN Lab)
All current releases are focussed on the implementation of the new Risk Assessment and Incident Reporting modules. Beside the integration of these two new modules we also do some housekeeping in the projects source code for improving the overall speed and responsiveness of the system and removing some known bottlenecks.
The biggest improvement can be seen on multi-core systems where we clearly divide data intensive processes into internal data processing and progress visualization. By running the progress visualization in a separate process, some operations will show a speed up by factor 60 (yes 60 times faster). In many cases you won’t see a progress bar anymore.
Version 11.1.2 build 419 (ZeeBORN Demo, Lab)
This version is just a preparation for the next version. It contains some additional tools for managing the demo data on the data server.
Version 11.1.2 build 418 (ZeeBORN Demo, Lab)
- Replication module: further error checks added for better identification potential corruption of a replication package.
Version 11.1.2 build 417 (ZeeBORN Lab)
Changes in Data Replication module:
- New option “No Logging” available while creating data replication packages. Data replication packages created with this option will not update any tracking data that will normally be written for tracking all replication activities (no updates on sender site and recipient site). This new option can be used for initiating additional transfers without affecting the normal data replication transmission chain. Sites that receive such a “no logging” transfer will see a warning before the actual import process will be started.
Changes in Planned Maintenance module:
- Changing the responsibility for a maintenance job will now immediately update all affected jobs and schedules.
- Changing the responsibility for a maintenance job will now also update all delayed maintenance jobs.
Version 11.1.2 build 416 (ZeeBORN Demo, Lab)
This new version contains some modifications in the setup system based on the feedback we have received for build 414.
- The setup now performs a digital signature check of the setup.exe before starting the installation process. All setups and program files released by ZeeBORN contain a digital certificate that assures that the content of the files is still the same as at the time of the release. Any modification of the files (by a virus, transmission failures etc.) will result in a broken certificate. If such a broken certificate is detected by the setup, the setup process will be stopped with a related error message.
- Due to compatibility problems with other programs also using the Advantage Database Server, we have rolled back to ADS version 9.1 on the client side and version 10.0 on the server. After the last release we have received reports that other 3rd party applications that also use the ADS (version 7 or older) may stop working due to some incompatibilities between the new ADS v10.x server and older v6.x/v7.x client DLLs (e.g. all AVECS programs). After some research we have found out that using the ADS v9.1 client DLLs provides the highest possible grade of compatibility (no further issues known so far).
- Due to compatibility problems we strongly recommend not using Advantage Database Server 10.1. All servers serviced by ZeeBORN have been already downgraded to version 10.0.
Version 11.1.1 build 414 (ZeeBORN Demo, Lab and Release)
This is the new public release of our Fleet Management package. A summary of all changes since the last public release will be made available on Monday (17th of January 2011) together with the official roll-out of the new version.
- full compatibility with 64bit systems
- Audit & Inspect module added as new license feature
- Risk Management module added as new license feature
Version 11.1.1 build 410 (ZeeBORN Lab)
- Some internal upgrades for supporting Advantage Database Server 10.1.
Version 11.1.1 build 407 (ZeeBORN Lab and Demo)
- Beside the usual bug fixes and changes this new build contains now our new QuickStart technology for a faster application start.
- If now further errors will be found, this new version will be the next public release of our software.
- This time we did also update all demo accounts on our demo server with this new build.
Version 11.1.1 build 404 (ZeeBORN Lab only)
This special build contains several bug fixes and layout updates has been released to selected customers for testing on their own servers.
- Several updates in time table management.
- Several updates in Audit tool.
- Initial release of Risk Management module.
Version 10.11.0 build 392 (ZeeBORN Lab only)
- Audit & Inspect: again several bug fixes and improvements
- Maintenance: newly added maintenance jobs will be shown as overdue if no date of last execution was entered; the 14 day limit (=jobs overdue longer than 14 days will be hidden) does no longer apply
- Maintenance: editors for creating and modifying change requests will no longer allow the input or modification of details that wouldn’t affect the original data (e.g. counter values of a component cannot be changed with a change request)
- Document Management: still stabilizing and still many known bugs and issues
Version 10.11.0 build 390 (ZeeBORN Lab only)
- still working on the features in the new Audit & Inspect module; most of the changes will be self-explaining while using the module
- still working on fixing known issues as described in previous release notes
Version 10.11.0 build 386 (ZeeBORN Lab only)
Starting with the 10.11 versions we have opened our separate ZeeBORN Lab section on our demo server. Please send a request to email@example.com if you want to access the Lab version of our software instead of the official releases. Lab version may (and will) not have the same stability like the official releases but provide a good opportunity to watch new features and improvements as soon as possible.
- Main Menu: Module buttons converted into a dynamic button bar. As soon as not all of the enabled modules (buttons) can be shown within the bar, an arrow button will be shown at the very bottom of the bar giving access to all buttons that do not fit into the bar.
- “Audit & Inspect” module added. This module will provide all necessary features for documenting, planning and tracking observations and non-conformities identified during audits and inspections.
- Task Tracker: interface added for sharing information with the Audit & Inspect module
- Maintenance: Select and Copy popup menu added to maintenance report view
- Document Management: documents added to tree view allowing direct access to a document within the tree; selecting a document in tree will show its content in full document view; selecting a document group will still show the list of documents within the selected group
- Audit & Inspect: some features are not finished; they may produce unexpected results or may not function at all – yet
- Task Tracker: this module shares some features with the new Audit & Inspect module and may show unexpected behavior due to interference with the Audit & Inspect module
- Document Management: due to moving documents into the tree view, some management function do not work as intended; in some cases a function may affect another document than the one selected in tree
Version 10.9.0 build 376
This version includes some upgrades to the license and user management. Based on the feedback received during the SMM in Hamburg and the Monaco Yacht Show we have added some licensing features that allow a better control about what modules are to be included. Just to give an example: Instead of enabling/disabling the entire Crewing module in the license we can now also create licenses that contain only a part of a main module (like certificates management only in the Crewing module). In result this allows us to better tailor the licenses according to our customers requirements and it’s no longer required to buy an entire module if only a part of it is needed.
Version 10.7.1 build 360
With build 360 we release today a next full update of the ZeeBORN management system. This new version is available for all customers for updating their live servers with the newest version. This new version was also installed on our demo server – so you can test it before performing an upgrade on your own server.
For a full list of all changes and new features please read the previous release notes and check ZeeBORN Projects for a detailed overview of fixed errors and implemented change requests.
Version 10.7.0 build 355
This release concentrates on solving errors reported via ZeeBORN Projects. In addition we have also included some new features – as requested.
Please note that we have upgraded our demo server to Windows Server 2008 R2 together with some internal housekeeping for our other servers and workstations. With this upgrade we have also upgraded all demo accounts for having a better user experience – Windows Vista and Windows 7 users will now have a all desktop features available including Aero desktop compositing effects.
All demo account users should have already received new access details via e-mail. If not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version 10.6.0 build 351
After working a while on the new release, this version is now again available for public testing on our demo server. Beside the changes and new functions mentioned in this post, registered user should also check our support database at ZeeBORN Projects for additional information about fixes and implemented features according to posted feature requests.
- Crew Self Service/Recruitment Portal implemented: Crew members can now use the implemented online service for sending job applications, updating crew details, sending sick notes, sending application for leave, viewing payslips and viewing current assignments. The online portal can be accessed with any web browser. Please contact email@example.com for an online demonstration of this new feature.
- Applicant Manager: New module within the Crewing module for managing applicants data. This module works also together with the before mentioned portal module.
- User Activities Screen: A new view in the start screen of the system gives direct access to all tasks and notifications for the current user. Information in this screen will automatically generated from any changes that will be applied to the database (e.g. changes in vessel time tables and resulting changes to crew changes etc., due tasks from Task Tracking module).
- Planned Maintenance: Postponed maintenance job execution information will now be transmitted to the office(s) for more accurate statistics and reports.
Version 10.3.0 build 326
A new version of the software is now available on our demo server. This time it’s a strict experimental version introducing a modified navigation concept in the main screen.
This is not final. Please feel free to add your comments to this post or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All available modules are shown in navigation without checking the access rights of the current user or the current active license.
- Some of the entries in the navigation have no effect (will not switch to the shown module). The affected modules still need some modification to fit into the new navigation concept.
Due to the experimental status of the software, this version will not be made available as an upgrade for existing productive systems but also not for on-premise test systems.
Version 10.2.0 build 319
A new version is available on our demo server.
- Maintenance: Kozlowski-Tools
- Synchronization added for maintenance jobs and spare parts (jobs/parts not available at the source component will be deleted from destination component)
- The data from the source component including the component itself can now be added as a sub-component to the selected destination component
- Components copied (added) with the Kozlowski Tools will not be shown immediately in the component tree. Use the Refresh function (or F5) for updating the component tree.
Version 10.1.2 build 315
A new version of the software solution is available on our demo server.
Changes in this version:
- Maintenance: The Kozlowski Tools are now partially enabled and still have the following limitations: the Paste function will always perform a copy whether copy or move is selected. In other words: currently it is not possible to perform a real move of spare parts and maintenance jobs that causes the deletion of parts and jobs at the source component. After copying maintenance jobs to another component, these jobs will not be shown in the components document unless the maintenance schedules of the entire ship/site have been calculated.
The Kozlowski Tools still need to be activated with the “secret” key combination and shouldn’t be used in a production environment without extensive testing.
Version 10.1.2 build 312
This version is not approved for production systems!
- Maintenance: Automatic detection of store/spare locations in component tree while moving components.
- Maintenance: Better handling of counter updates and adjustments while moving components (see documentation)
- Crewing: Default planning limits (min/max sea time, min/max leave time) per rank and ship can be defined in configuration module; values will be shown as default but can be still changed before starting the crew assignments generator.
- Maintenance: Component edit form: Only base counter value is shown; internal and manual counter adjustments not calculated into shown counter value
- Maintenance: Automatic activation/deactivation for moved components doesn’t work if moved component has its own counter
Version 10.1.2 build 311
A new version has been installed on our demo server. This version can also be used for updating production systems.
- Maintenance Module: Ships and sites will now be preferred for setting the responsibility of a maintenance job. This modification will be also distributed to existing site version as soon as the office server got updated.