This page describes the system requirements for all ZeeBORN modules.
Remote Desktop/Terminal Server Implementation
ZeeBORN always recommends the implementation of the software modules in a Remote Desktop/Terminal Server environment. All modules will be available in a central place and can be used from almost any computing device and any place in the world while keeping the costs of maintenance and operation at a minimum.
For planning the Terminal Server environment we recommend contacting your IT provider. The resources required by the ZeeBORN software package are comparable to a typical Microsoft Office installation.
Any PC or device supporting RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) can be used. All software will be installed and maintained on a central server.
RDP solutions are available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and many other operating systems. Beside standard PCs also mobile devices like Apple iPad and similar can be used.
A minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels is recommended.
Requirements for Client/Server Implementations
Please note: compared to system requirements mentioned here in previous years, we have updated the requirements based on the experience from use cases of our customers. A main driving factor for increasing the requirements is the increased use of the ZeeBORN solutions for storing larger documents and file attachments.
PC Requirements (Standard Client Solution)
The following specification describes the minimum specification for stand-alone PCs (e.g. laptops with a full install of the client software) or PCs being connected to a server but running the client software on the PC.
- 2 GHz CPU
- 4 GB RAM
- 8 GByte free hard disk space for program files, temporary files and online documentation
- 30 GB extra free hard disk space if database files are to be store on the same PC (stand-alone installation)
- Minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
- Windows 10 and newer
- Windows XP and Windows Vista is no longer supported.
- Software might still run on Windows 7 and Windows 8/81 but it’s no longer part our compatibility tests. There are currently no known incompatibilities.
The following list shows the recommended specification for a new server to be used for the ZeeBORN server software components. But usually ZeeBORN software can be integrated very well into already existing server infrastructures and cooperates very well with other server based solutions.
- 3 GHz CPU
- 8 GB RAM
- 128 GByte free hard disk space (SSD preferred for better database performance)
- Windows Server 2019 or newer or Terminal Server/Citrix (see above)
- Windows Server 2008/R2 may still be used but is no longer part of our compatibility tests (there are currently no known incompatibilities)
- For smaller environments (max. 5 users) even Windows 10 and up could be used as server. But using Windows Server is still recommended.
- Database server software is provided for free by ZeeBORN
Always compatible with newest Windows and Windows Server editions
ZeeBORN uses a continuous Microsoft test and approval process that makes sure that all software components are compatible with the latest releases of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Windows Server.
As this process usually starts already early in the pre-release phase of new Windows editions, all ZeeBORN software is compatible with newest Microsoft operating system versions from day 1 of it’s release.