This page describes the system requirements for all ZeeBORN modules.
PC Requirements (Recommended Thin Client Solution)
Any PC or device supporting RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) can be used. All software will be installed and maintained on a central server.
RDP solutions are available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and many other operating systems. Beside standard PCs also mobile devices like Apple iPad and similar can be used.
A minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
PC Requirements (Standard Client Solution)
The following specification describes the minimum specification for stand-alone PCs (e.g. laptops with a full install of the client software) or PCs being connected to a server but running the client software on the PC.
- 1,5 GHz CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 80 MByte free hard disk space for program files, temporary files and online documentation
optional: extra 300 MByte free hard disk space for a local copy of the database
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 (Windows XP and Windows Vista is no longer part of our compatibility testing, but there are currently no known incompatibilities)
The following list shows the minimum requirements for a server exclusively used for the ZeeBORN server software components. But usually ZeeBORN software can be integrated very well into already existing server infrastructures and cooperates very well with other server based solutions.
- 1,5 GHz CPU
- 2 GByte RAM
- 1 GByte free hard disk space (approx. 30 MByte when using the system for the first time plus 300 MByte of new data each year)
- Additional hard disk space is required for the document management module (please consult our support team for an estimate of required hard disk space needed based on the intended types and amount of documents to be managed)
- Windows Server 2008/R2, Windows Server 2012 or Terminal Server/Citrix (please consult our support team for more details about the hardware requirements of Terminal Server/Citrix environments)
- Windows Server 2003 may still be used but is no longer part of our compatibility tests (there are currently no known incompatibilities)
- For smaller environments (max. 5 users) even Windows 7 and up could be used as server. But using Windows Server is still recommended.
- Advantage Database Server 11 or newer (to be purchased separately; can be ordered directly at SAP or via ZeeBORN) – users upgrading from a previous AVECS software installation may have the required database engine software already installed.